Sunday 12 January 2014

Creative Chronicles: Don't sleep on Music Theory

Happy Sunday all!

So tomorrow is Monday. Tomorrow marks the beginning of semester 2. Time really does fly!

This year I plan on taking my grade 5 theory. No more putting it off or forgetting. When it comes to piano exams I've always learnt the scales and pieces I.e the practical side but never have focused on theory. I'd recommend to any music students out there who take traditional classical or jazz grades in either Trinity or ABRSM like myself to start taking the theory tests from the beginning. Once you progress to grade 5 like I have in order to be able to register for a grade 6 practical exam ou must have your grade 5 theory.

Alas, here I am with my books! It's never too late guys!

 It's so nice to refresh my theory. I'm lucky to have a GCSE in music, as it is equivalent to grade 5 theory




If you would like any more info on piano exams practical or theory. Let me know and I'd be happy to help.

X


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete