Saturday 26 April 2014

Song Spirit & Soul: Photoshoot in the city!

Hey guys, happy Friday!

As you know I will be releasing my first EP 'Heart Strings' very soon. I'm kind of nervous about it but looking forward to the feedback you all can share on the songs I have written.

Last weekend I went shopping with the shoot in mind. I didn't want my outfit to look too put together but just to reflect myself. I would say I dress quite feminine, classy/chic with a slight edge to it. Headed to Westfield- Shepherds Bush with an idea of what I was looking for, first stop was River Island (a change for me as Miss Selfridge is my love). I tried on a lot of different items but went for the Inverted Collar Blazer in pink;I figured this would ad a subtle dash of pink and feminism to my outfit. It fits so well and because of the cut and material feels a lot more expensive than it is. I also picked up a super cute T No 1 New York Boutique Paris in white, similar to another blogger's but hers said 'Chanel No.5', I could not resist! I then ventured around stores taking a look around and stumbled into H&M. It really has become a second Primark for me in my eyes! The sale rack was amazing I found so many bargains- right up my street! Next purchase of the night, yes night it was 9.45pm by now was Topshop. I was looking for some good jeans, and Topshop have great jeans for great prices. I went for the MOTO Hyper Blue Wash Joni Jeans, they are super comfortable being stretchy and they have a great fit overall. I'm really into high waisted trousers/jeans at the moment. So these were my finds, accessories wise I planned on gold. These items I had already, that I picked up in December from H&M: Chain Bracelet in gold, a Gold Torque Collar from Miss Selfridge and Heart Diamond Studs (cannot remember where from), and a gold ring a gift from my mum. Shoes to be decided on the day (London weather is so unpredictable).








So today I finally had a mini shoot around London, with a great photographer/visual artist called Mattish. We had planned the shoot and decided on the location and the overall vibe that we were going for. The weather was not as great today so I could not wear my Kurt Geiger heels as I wanted to; so went for my go-to flats at the moment from Top Shop! We took many shots around the London-South Bank area. I'll be uploading pictures soon. Cannot wait to see how they turn out as I haven't seen any of the shots yet!




Hope you all have a great weekend. What have you got planned? I plan to work out tomorrow, accidentally raided the sweets this evening lol.



X




4 comments: